Risk Smart Consulting Inc. is an Atlantic Provinces based consultancy that strives for efficiency by being aware of controllable business expenses that also help to reduce its carbon footprint.
- Commuting to job sites is reduced by using effective E-based strategies and communication methods.
- Electronic forms of communication and reporting are preferred over traditional methods.
- Partnership opportunities are encouraged when client needs are met by other specialized services available.
- Efforts to enhance risk management within the Higher Education Sector through mentoring activities have been on-going since October 2005.
- Every effort is made to source resources locally.
- Every effort is made to ensure Workplace Health & Safety.
Risk Smart Consulting Inc. recognizes environmental protection as one of our guiding principles and a key component of sound business performance.
We are committed to providing a quality consulting service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimizes our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance will all relevant federal provincial and municipal environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
- integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities
- promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work, reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable
- promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our office including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable
- avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of
- purchase and use environmentally responsible products that have been selected based on criteria including low toxicity or environmental hazard, durability, use of recycled materials, reduced energy and/or water consumption reduced packaging and ability to be recycled, refilled or refurbished at end of life
- where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programs
- regularly communicate our environmental program to our clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it
- strive to continually improve our environmental performance by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities